Author - admin
Don’t Duck It Party – Day Time @ Palm Square, Jaya One
Finally, the much talked-about Don’t Duck It Party happened and boy it happened with a BANG, all the way from the loud motor sound from the professional go-karters in the afternoon, to a superb performance by our magician, bands and fashion walk at night!
That’s also considering the number of events we had to compete happening on the same day in Klang Valley. Give yourself a good pat at the back, guys and gals, cause you made it happen!
The Don’t Duck It Party started at 12-noon on a bright sunny Saturday, perfect for passers-by to walk in and wonder what the fun fare is all about.
Game stalls were open, from shooting ducks, to dunking girls, all in the name of fund-raising. Our DJ was going around all afternoon randomly getting visitors to take part in our mini quizzes, where they answered questions based on their knowledge on breast & cervical cancer.
So many prizes to be won, and they won it, thanks to the good people at Brussels, Clip & Tips Hair Studio, Frontera, iArt Creative, Kinnaree, Le Ann Maxima, Mai Ramen, Marufuku, Monster Bites, MUSE, Natural & Eco Republic, Pure Sight Optometry Centre, Pristine, Stella.In, Sushi King, Tappers, The Scot’s, Timers Beauty and Wendy’s who sponsored them. People loved it!
Most guys were seen wandering around at the center of Palm Square while waiting for their partner or friends having a health check-up conducted by Assunta Hospital, so it isn’t just about fun. In the end, people show their love to their women by taking their mom, sisters, friends, partners and wives to the party to get them checked, as per our slogan “don’t duck it”.
Families came, their young ones coming to see what the hype is all about on social media, taking their elders with them. It was a feast of family love, an inspiring scene for everyone! When was the last time you took your grandma and grandpa out for a walk?
Most of all, we are glad many turned out for the free health check-up because it’s still best to get advice from the professionals. Learn it a couple of times and hopefully you will be able to DIY regularly at home.
The positive turnouts showed that the public were pretty health-conscious. They are also very caring, as they’ve bought quite a number of raffle tickets and our “Don’t Duck It” t-shirt, all for the sake of helping out women who cannot afford treatment, thanks to Assunta Hospital.
It’s exactly what we hoped for from this “Don’t Duck It” campaign!
Passionately You Raffle Draw Winner Announcement
It was a great event and of course a great party we had at Don’t Duck It Party on Saturday, 22nd October 2011.
Before we update the post-event blog post, here are the results for the Passionately You raffle draws.
- 1st Prize 42” LED TV & Blu-Ray Dvd Player
- Name: Goh, Ticket no: 15203
- 2nd Prize Apple Macbook Air
- Name: Chu Kim Foong, Ticket no: 07659
- 3rd Prize Travel Voucher worth RM3,000
- Name: Yap Chui Ping, Ticket no: 17204
- 4th Prize Apple iPad2
- Name: Jayadeep, Ticket no: 00781
- 5th Prize Sony PlayStation 3
- Name: Wong Yit Eng, Ticket no: 11503
- 6th to 10th Prize RM500 Jusco shopping vouchers:
- Ticket no: Naginder Singh (16595), MSD Malaysia (01933), Chen Lek Lin (16816), Angela Liew (12265), Lee Jiun Ying (06821)
- Consolation Prize RM200 Jusco shopping vouchers:
- Chuah Yen Nih (06030), Renuka (14177), Siah Suk Mee (10917), Choong Tuck Wai (07374), Cheng Kar Mun (07602)
Thanks to everyone who supported the cause by attending and buying our raffle tickets and merchandise.
Even though the party is over, you can still get your friends to pledge and keep the message going strong.
Hope this cause would send the message across and make sure you don’t duck your check-ups!
Don’t Duck It Party
Have you blocked your date on 22nd October 2011 for the Don’t Duck It Party?
It’s a fun-filled party that is happening from 12-noon til 10pm. Let’s check out the activities available.
*Click on image to enlarge*
The main objective of the Passionately You is to raise awareness – to educate people on how to detect, and cope with breast and cervical cancer when diagnosed – to the masses.
To kick start the party, we have DJ quizzes and game stalls. We will also provide FREE breast examination and on-site vaccination at a special promo price throughout the day. Both activities will be conducted by Assunta Hospital.
Ladies, do come over for a body check-up and for the gentlemen, do bring your loved ones to get checked for a better future.
To raise the curtain, we have an acoustic performance by Tony Leo.
Then we have the Go Kart Mania, two sessions of professional heat showcase by pro go-karters. As for the public, we have Quacky Kart Race to bring togetherness among friends and family.
Other than adrenaline rush inducing activities, we have some family-oriented performances too, including cheerleading performance by CHARM and mentalism show by Zlwin Chew.
Don’t forget, we have a flash mob happening at Don’t Duck It Party. What time is it happening? Check out the video and look out for hints at the end of the video. Before you come to Palm Square, do learn the moves and be prepared for it.
Until then, wait for the music cue and start to move like Jagger!
In the evening, a “passionate walk” called “Passionately U-Nite – Don’t Duck It, Just Walk It” will be happening with some ambassadors and volunteers doing the catwalk donning apparels from Le Ann Maxima and hair and make-ups done by Stella-In, both Jaya One tenants.
Band Garasu will be performing before the final Raffles draw and prize ceremony, with lots of great prizes to be given away, , including a 42” LED TV (1st Prize), Mackbook Air (2nd Prize), Holiday/Travel voucher (3rd Prize), iPad 2 (4th Prize), SONY PlayStation 3 (5th Prize), and many more cash vouchers! So remember to bring the raffles tickets you have bought to the party.
Our homegrown K-Town Clan will be on stage to close the curtain for the full day party!
Don’t Duck It Video By Allianz Malaysia
Many thanks to Allianz Malaysia for their full support on Passionately You and they even shot a short clip based on our “Don’t Duck It” campaign.
Good effort and a nice video!
Click HERE if you can’t view the video above.
It is great to see so many people supporting this cause and hope the public will help spread the message for a better future.
Do come over to our Don’t Duck It Party on 22nd of October 2011 and get yourself checked. Don’t duck it!
You’re invited to our Don’t Duck It Party this 22nd of October!
As most visitors of dontduckit.com already knew, we are gathering pledges on dontduckit.com to show that we care for those who suffered from breast and cervical cancer and more importantly, we care for our health too.
Sign up to pledge and you stand a chance to win a 32” Panasonic LCD TV!
Get all your friends to pledge and fill in the “Referrer” field with your Facebook profile name exactly as it is on Facebook. For instance, if your Facebook name is John Doe (or johndoe if your username is facebook.com/johndoe), then insert John Doe in the Referrer field.
We are also organizing a Don’t Duck It Party Moves flashmob dance, where you get the chance to move it like Jagger.
Other than just signing up to pledge, you can also purchase our campaign t-shirts & raffle tickets and help us spread the “Don’t Duck It” message to your friends and family.
Funds from t-shirt & raffle ticket sales go to Assunta Foundation which helps less fortunate cancer patients. Check out the list of places where you can buy our t-shirts & raffle tickets HERE.
Last but not least, lock your date on 22nd October 2011 and do join us at the Don’t Duck It Party happening at Jaya One.
It’s a whole day carnival-like event aimed at the public to create awareness on leading a healthy lifestyle on top of creating awareness on breast and cervical cancer prevention.
The activities including game stalls, performances, and most importantly, on-site health checks! That’s what Don’t Duck It Party by Passionately You is all about.
Among the highlights we have are :
- - Free health check and, breast examination, and on-site vaccination
- - Don’t Duck It Party Moves flash mob
- - Go Kart Mania
- - Cheerleading performance
- - Magic show by Zlwin
- - Band performances
- - Passionately You – Fashion walk
- - Performance by K-Town Clan
- - Raffles draw and prize giving
Assunta Hospital will be stationed at the Don’t Duck It Party to conduct health checks, to educate the ladies (and public) the importance of self examination to detect breast cancer, and on-site HPV vaccination.
Go Kart Mania will be showcased by professional go-kart drivers to give some adrenaline rush to the crowd at the party. This segment is proudly sponsored by Allianz.
Cheerleading, magic show by Zlwin, and live band are charity performances courtesy of the performers.
Passionately U-Nite, Don’t Duck It, Just Walk It, is a “fashion walk” by a group of volunteers catwalking on stage, to show their pledges to this Passionatrely You cause.
K-Town Clan will be performing as well where K-Town Clan’s latest album, “Playground” will be on sale and RM5 from the proceeds will be donated to Assunta Foundation.
Raffles draw will be done and prizes including a 42″ LED TV, Apple Macbook Air, Holiday Travel vouchers, iPad2, SONY Playstation 3, and cash vouchers to be won!
Thanks for being part of the Passionately YOU army – who knows, it could actually save the lives of those closest to you. Always, ALWAYS remind them to #dontduckit (the tests), because cancer, breast or cervical, do not discriminate.
Be there to pledge your support and don’t duck your check up!
Take A Photo With Don’t Duck It And Win Prizes!
ENTRY TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The contest is open to the public.
2. Contestants are required to take a creative picture with the Don’t Duck it Duck sculpture in front of Old Town, Jaya One. For example:
3. Contestants are required to upload the pictures taken to Jaya One Facebook wall.
4. Weekly winners will be determined based on the number of votes each contestant gets.
5. Contestants must be able to collect the prize personally from the Organiser’s office in Petaling Jaya.
6. We will announce the weekly winner on Don’t Duck It website at www.dontduckit.com. Contestants are required to check the results from the website.
7. Contest period: 30th September to 21st October.
8. Result will be announced every Friday of the week during the contest period:
- 1st round’s result will be announced on 7th October.
- 2nd round’s result will be announced on 14th October.
- 3rd round’s result will be announced on 21st October.
- 4th round will be a special Judges Pick Prize by Jaya One, which is independent from fan votes. The winner for this category will be picked based on creativity. The winner will be announced on the 3rd week.
9. The cut off time for the contest is at 5pm, every Friday during the contest period.
10. Judges’/Management’s decision is final.
11. The Organiser is not responsible for interrupted or unavailable Internet connections, failed computer transmissions or jumbled, scrambled or misdirected entries or transmissions; other errors, omissions, interruptions, or deletions of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic or for any damage to any person’s computer related to participating in the Contest nor for entries that cannot for whatever reason be downloaded or incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in the Contest or by any technical or human errors which may occur in the processing of any entries in this Contest. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, as solely determined by Organiser, will be disqualified. If in the judgment of Organiser, the Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Organiser, which corrupts the administration or security of the Contest entry process, Organiser reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to discontinue, suspend or terminate the Contest and conduct a random drawing to select contestants to win the prizes as of the date of its termination of the Contest.
12. The Management reserves the right to cancel (without the responsibility to award any prizes), modify, suspend, delay or extend the Contest and/or change, amend, delete or add to these Contest terms & conditions without prior notice.
13. By proceeding to the next step or registration, contestants are taken to have read & agreed to the terms & conditions of the Contest.
14. All entries become the property of the Organiser and the Organiser reserves the right to use the nicknames, names, slogan & entries of the contestants without obtaining any consent or making any payment for publicity, advertising, trade or promotion purpose in any media.
Snippet Video of Behind-the-scene of #dontduckit Photoshoot
Whatever There Was in June 2011 is a video shot and edited by point8cam to showcase his activities and happenings in June 2011.
Check out the Don’t Duck It Full Gallery.
Once again thanks to our kind and fun volunteers for their time and also for letting us splashed the paint all of them!